Fast forward to present day. I'm 4yrs sober, middle aged, and in mediocre health. In another dysfunctional relationship. Just flopping around, generally failing at work and relationship things. Waiting. To. Die.
Why?
I'm pessimistic. Ungrateful. Resentful. Bitter. Condescending. Critical. Narcissistic. I project my feelings on others. I don't listen. I have anger issues. And a multitude of other "charming" personality traits.
Still tryin an lying to be a nice, likeable guy.
I'm not going to do it anymore. I'm going to break my addiction to any kind of joy in my life once and for all. I'll take my heart attack, stroke, or incurable cancer. Perhaps a terrible accident. Anything but waking up from a bad dream into THIS reality.
If I died right now, it'd be a few hours till someone found the body, charged my phone and used my corpse-finger to unlock it you'd think I'm suicidal. I'm not. I just suck at life and don't want to do anything about it anymore
No comments:
Post a Comment